- Strap options provide DSX/CEPT, CSU or CEPT interfaces.
- CEPT strap options can be configured for 75/120ohm operation
- Up to 8 T1/El aggregate interfaces in fully non-blocking mode (6 on IMACS 3000).
- El/T1 companding conversion between WAN ports supported including CAS to Robbed Bit and Alaw
to mu-law conversion.
- WAN interfaces may be User or Network facing when used with Cross Connect CPU.
- Model 801470 WAN Cards act as a redundant card for up to three WAN cards.
- 1:1 and 1:N WAN Card redundancy.
- Full range of interlace diagnostic support.
IMACS UNIVERSAL WAN CARD
The Dasan Zhone Solutions universal WAN card offers two industry standard T1 or E1 interfaces into the customers network. Unrivaled TDM facility support is maintained through the cards independently strapped ports for either T1 or E1 service, CSU or DSX interface and 75 or 120 Ohm connectivity when strapped in E1 mode. When a IMACS chassis is fully populated with the electrical WAN interface, up to eight individually provisionable facilities are available to the chassis. The IMACS WAN card can be populated into the 600, 800, 900, 3000 and 8000 chassis.
Adding in the software-configurable settings available in the IMACS, and you have a complete interface to any TDM facility parameters present in the network today. With the fully non-blocking facility interfaces, services can be guaranteed into and out of the IMACS! The cards can be setup for 1:1 or 1:N WAN card redundancy, adding robustness into any network topography. The WAN card offerings include a redundant WAN card with relays to provide hardware redundancy in the event of card failure and to provide a path to perform maintenance.
Additional options built into the WAN technology is CAS to robbed bit signaling and a-law to mu-law signaling conversion facilities. Each DS0 on each WAN can be either terminated to the IMACS, or cross-connected out to another WAN facility. Further capabilities are a full test suite provided in the WAN and IMACS interface, such that you may never need another external test set again to confirm unmatched quality of service.
Each WAN card can operate in dual channel bank, drop and insert or full cross connect mode and can perform E1 to T1 conversion, including PCM a-law to μ-law conversion. When fully populated with 4 Dual WAN cards, the IMACS supports 8 E1 or T1 connections, in any combination of E1 (CEPT) and T1 (DSX1 or DSX1 with CSU) interfaces.
Download or print data sheet