- Provides up to 64 channels of voice compression to reduce long haul bandwidth requirements, compressing up to 2 E1s or T1s of voice traffic.
- Supports transition signaling as defined by ANSI T1.302-1989.
- Supports fax and modem operation.
- Compliant to G.761 for alarm indication and fault handling.
- Software selectable 24, 32 or 40 Kbps compression rates.
- Compatible with standard IMACS digital or analog voice cards.
IMACS ADPCM Card
The 887170 ADPCM card is a plug-in resource card for the IMACS system. The card has 32 pair of voice compression engines which accept input directly from voice cards or voice traffic on WAN links. The ADPCM card requires a matching card at the other end to decompress the voice channels to normal 64K operation. The ADPCM card is compatible only with the IMACS cross-connect CPU, beginning with CPU software revision 3.6.2 and all hardware supporting the cross-connect (XCON) offerings.
Each pair of compression engines utilize one 64 Kbps DS0 for two compressed channels. Each engine can compress 64 Kbps voice traffic to 24 Kbps, 32 Kbps or 40 Kbps, depending on the compression quality required. The rate of any DS0 is 64 Kbps, so the sum of the compression rates for each engine pair must equal 64 Kbps. A 32 Kbps circuit can only be paired with a 32 Kbps circuit. A 40 Kbps circuit can only be paired with a 24 Kbps circuit and vice-versa. The compression engines work in pairs. Each member of a pair must have the same WAN and time slot. Additionally, both members of the compression engine pair must be active before either port will operate. Each IMACS unit can have up to three ADPCM cards installed (two active ADPCM cards and one redundant card).Download or print data sheet