- Unrivaled Active Ethernet trunking density with up to 180 10G Ethernet and 720 FE/GE ports can be configured in 7 ft. rack
- 100Mbps/1G/10G bps fiber services selectable port by port
- Supports non-learning bridges like wire and intralink; there are no MAC address limitation issues on downstream nodes.
- Industry-leading SLMS traffic management provides QoS, traffic shaping, and security to support video, VoIP, and other applications
- Full range of management options including SNMP, CLI, WebUI, and integration into DZS’s ZMS Element Management System and OSS Gateway
2X10G 8X1GE AE TRUCKING LINE CARD: MXK-AE-2X10G-8X1GE
DZS’ MXK intelligent terabit access concentrator reflects a clean-sheet approach to a truly scalable multi-service architecture, designed to meet the rapidly evolving demands on access networks. MXK platforms offer unmatched bandwidth – with non-blocking capacity of up to 3,600 100Mbps GPON subscribers or 360 1G Active Ethernet subscribers per chassis – while leveraging DZS’ well-proven SLMS access operating system for sophisticated service intelligence and ease of management.
The MXK portfolio includes several options for FTTx network design. Its Active Ethernet line cards support point-to-point copper and fiber-based Ethernet services at symmetric 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, and 10 Gbps data rates. These can be used to aggregate (or subtend) other Ethernet based devices or to provide high-bandwidth services to individual customer premises. Selection of an Active Ethernet point-to-point architecture equips services providers with a comfortably future-proof infrastructure as demand for individual subscriber data rates continue to rise.
When an MXK-319 is fully-filled with 2X10G 8X1GE Active Ethernet Trunking Line Cards, the system supports up to 14 10G Ethernet and 56 FE/GE ports in a dense 3U package – and when equipped with 2 redundant MXK-2X10G-8X1GE uplinks, provides an outstanding platform for intralink trunking applications.
Additionally, 36 10G Ethernet and 144 FE/GE ports can be equipped in an 8U chassis, and up to 180 10G Ethernet and 720 FE/GE ports can be configured in 7 ft. rack. IGMP proxy is supported in all configurations.
The MXK-AE-2X10G-8X1GE requires a minimum software release of MXK 126.96.36.1996.
DZS’ SLMS (Single Line Multi-Service) access operating system provides intelligent functionality across all the company’s hardware products. Driven by more than 10-years of experience in commercial operation and collaboration with 700+ service providers worldwide, DZS’ SLMS software delivers functionality critical to today’s access networks in advanced networking, quality of experience, security, and management.View printable version