Technology-Inspired Hotel VIA Deploys FiberLAN GPON from DASAN Zhone Solutions to Provide High-Speed Internet Access for Guests
Oakland, Calif. – Aug. 8, 2017 – Before construction even began, the Hotel VIA management team set out to design a hotel with advanced technology in San Francisco. To deliver state-of-the-art services, Hotel VIA deployed a FiberLAN Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) from DASAN Zhone Solutions (DZS) at the 159-room hotel, which opened its doors in June 2017. As the first new boutique hotel built in San Francisco since 2008, the independent hotel offers technology amenities, such as keyless entry and a mobile concierge service app, to enhance the guest experience.
“When building Hotel VIA our goal was to find a network solution that would support all of the technology amenities we wanted to provide our guests,” says Jerry Leap, director of sales and marketing for Hotel VIA. “We chose FiberLAN because of its high-bandwidth, security and energy-efficient qualities. Our guests are able to connect several devices and have instant access to high-speed data, voice and video without compromising network speed.”
IES Communications, LLC (“IES Communications”) a systems integrator, highly recommended the DZS FiberLAN solution because it has the ability to deliver high-speed data, voice and video to multi-level, multi-unit facilities. DZS and IES Communications collaborated to create a network that allows guests to connect an unlimited amount of devices to the network and support all of the hotel’s offered amenities. The following DZS equipment is used at the hotel:
- A MXK-198-10GE aggregation platform, a high-density GPON Optical Line Terminal (OLT) that provides thousands of access points throughout the hotel now, and can be expanded as the hotel’s needs grow.
- Sixty-four 2608T-NA Optical Network Terminals (ONT) are strategically located throughout the hotel on every floor. The eight-port ONTs are used to support broadband and Wi-Fi access in common areas, guest rooms and back-of-house operations.
To make the guest experience seamless, Hotel VIA implemented a number of unique services. From text messages that are initiated as soon as guests arrive in the city, to customized thermostats, the FiberLAN infrastructure supports all of the amenities that are offered at the property, including:
- A mobile concierge app by KEYPR® that guests can use to plan for their stay. The interface allows guests to curate their own city guide with events that coincide with their trip, explore what is in South Beach and surrounding neighborhoods, order snacks, select pillow preferences and more.
- Each guest room is outfitted with ASSA ABLOY Hospitality’s sleek, new VingCard Essence door lock, a keyless lock system that is compatible with the ASSA ABLOY Hospitality Mobile Access solution and technology.
- Guests can control room temperature preferences through Honeywell’s INNCOM® energy management system, an energy-saving room management system that saves guests’ room preferences to activate when they are in the room.
- Each guest room is equipped with a tablet set up with guest services, hotel promotions and access to the latest entertainment and news.
- Each guest has access to multiple Wi-Fi connection points throughout the hotel.
- All hotel personnel and guests are protected by Fortinet® network security services.
For more information about FiberLAN from DZS visit http://dasanzhone.com/solutions/passive-optical-lan/.
* The trademarks in this release are property of their perspective companies.”
About DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. DASAN Zhone Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: DZSI) is a global leader in network access solutions for service provider and enterprise networks. The company provides a wide array of reliable, cost-effective networking technologies—including broadband access, Ethernet switching, Passive Optical LAN, and software-defined networks—to a diverse customer base that includes more than 1,000 of the world’s most innovative network operators. DASAN Zhone Solutions is headquartered in Oakland, California, with operations in more than 20 countries worldwide.